Saturday, October 1, 2011

Arrived in St. Louis

I got to my brother's house around 4 pm yesterday after a very nice ride across Missouri.  My home state was prettier than ever and had some nice back roads through small towns.  As I approached St. Louis I came upon this sign:


So I started out at one end of the Lewis and Clark trail and got to the other end, in a lot shorter time and with far less effort than they had to endure.

My temporary jacket fix using duct tape worked well.  I managed to find some black tape to better match my jacket.........must not look tacky, ya know.  So this is how I was stylin when I arrived:





Note the uneven hem at the bottom of the jacket.  Looks like the way drunks or kids button their shirts out of order.  We found a luggage repair shop that claims they have fixed the jacket zipper and we will go to pick it up shortly.

Carolyn is flying in this afternoon and then we will be doing family things for the next couple of days and I may not update the blog.

2 comments:

  1. Man it sure seems like you're making good time Gerry.
    Sounds like you're having a great ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missouri! Maybe you can find a local church doing "Slovakia Days" or whatever it was we went to that one time. Remember that? We went and had chicken paprikash and noodles (haluski?). Tell everyone hello...and that you'll need a little time away to KEEP BLOGGING!

    ReplyDelete