Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Comments

I'm getting more information from backchannel sources that people have tried to post comments on my blog but can't get it done.  Some are young tech-savy types, and not just old farts who don't know how to use a computer.  I think Google has made it too difficult in an effort to prevent spamming.  So here's my solution; now that I am home, you can email me at my normal email address gjurban@wildblue.net.  If you don't mind the comment being made public, I will cut and paste it here.  If you don't want it to be public, let me know.  Also, if the comment is about a specific post don't forget to say which one.

From Ray Berg:

Glad to see you made it home safe. Man, what a trip, nice blog!

From Joyce Ingersoll:

Carolyn gave me your Blog address in the Birthday Card she sent me.  WOW!!!  What a trip!  I've read every day's blog (sometimes a day or two behind) and really enjoyed reading about your adventure.  Any other plans for the future on your "Bucket List"?
Actually, Joyce, there is another ride on my bucket list.  I want to ride my dual sport bike on the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route.  That's a 600 mile, mostly dirt road route from Oregon to the Canadian border.  Too late to do it this year, though.  Next summer. 

From Lynda Juneman:

I enjoyed your blog as you went along!  I am so glad that you were able and willing to do something that had such great meaning for you.  It will remain a treasured memory I’m sure.  Do you plan another?

Lynda; see response to Joyce above. 

Bucky wrote:

I just discovered your blog by way of RiderForums.
Great ride report. I envy your being able to take the time.
I started riding four years ago at age 57. I have put about 30,000 miles on my '06 Ninja 650R like yours. My riding time is almost exclusively within 100 miles of northwestern South Carolina.
I am no where near as experienced a rider as you, but have enjoyed the bike quite a lot. I write a blog about my experiences called Bucky's Ride http://buckysride.blogspot.com/
I have recently started an exercise program, both aerobics and weight training. See posting Fitness -- Weight for Me
I also once lived in Russellville, KY, around twelve years ago. Unfortunately I did not
recognize those you met on the road.

Keep up the blogging, and riding.

Bucky

2 comments:

  1. You have to sign up for a Google account for it to work right. Without that I think its pretty near impossible. Guess they want to use your blogs to get more people signed up. It's like you're working for The Man...man. Sign up for the google account, then select "google account" from the drop down of "comment as"...then input the captcha (spam blocker). Voila! Comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy for you. For others....not so much.

    ReplyDelete