Thursday, September 29, 2011

Not in Kansas Anymore, Toto

And good riddance.  I had high winds all day, and the direction was from the northeast, so it was part headwind, and part crosswind.  I got my worst gas mileage of the trip at 53 mpg.  Normally I get high 50's to low 60's.  It's tough riding all day in wind like that.  You can't relax because your being pushed all over the place, and it's also noisy.  I didn't listen to the Ipod at all today.  The good news is that although it was warm, it wasn't hot and the bike ran fine all day.  I did have an equipment problem, though.  The zipper on my jacket broke just as I was reaching my destination for the day (Nevada, MO).  I really need that jacket to fit snugly and not be flapping around open in the wind.  Maybe I'll stop somewhere and buy some duct tape and try taping it closed.  I feel like one of those WWII bomber pilots coming in from a mission with systems failing and parts falling off.

Not many picture taking opportunities today.  I did have to turn around and go back to take the following pictures.  I don't know what it all means, but there was a lot of it.







I did get a motel with really high-speed Internet and I got that video downloaded from my ride with Bill Boeck yesterday.  I let the camera run for 7 minutes and this is the whole video.  It is best towards the end.  I didn't know my working title was going to be permanently attached to the video.  Choose to watch it on YouTube and then go to full screen.

1 comment:

  1. full screen, laptop and my head was tilting with each turn. Nice colors.

    ReplyDelete