Sunday, October 9, 2011

Got My Rider Back for a Day

Carolyn had shipped her riding gear to St. Louis and loaded it into the rental car to take to Tenn, so today we went for a 120 mile ride with a picnic lunch stop,


We rode to the start of the Cherohala Skyway, which is one of the famous motorcycle roads in the east.
http://www.cherohala.com/  Tomorrow I am going to ride that road, but today we just went to the start of it at Telico Plains, TN.  Since it was still a weekend day and the weather was fine, we saw more motorcycles than cars on the road heading there.  They definitely cater to the bikers around here.  I think it helps the local economy.

Then on the way back we stopped to eat a picnic lunch we had packed in the tankbag.  It was good to have the familiar voice of my co-rider in the headset again.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you get great weather! 318 turns in 11 miles.... absolutely awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In honor of your journey, I decided to drink a PBR every day you're on the road. But since I just got the idea today, I'm drinking them all now to catch up.

    ReplyDelete