Sunday, October 16, 2011

Stay in Kingston

Carolyn's sisters and daughters have come from all parts of the country for her mother's 90th birthday, which we celebrated Friday.  Carolyn took all the pictures on her camera, so I can't post any, at least until I can find a way to transfer them to this computer.

I do have an incident to report that you may find hard to believe........Carolyn's sister Christy backed into Carolyn's rental car while it was parked in the grass at the edge of the driveway.  Our siblings are out to get us.  The damage was slight, but the car was almost new and it could still cost a bunch to fix it.  We are dealing with insurance again.

We are staying at a B&B quite a ways out of town and the place sure is nice.  I go from hard traveling to living in luxury.  Here are a few pics of the place, the Woodland Cove B&B in Kingston, TN:


The lake is Watts Bar lake and it is huge.  I believe you can go 70 miles on it by boat.






The sun room where breakfast is served.

They have a canoe, paddle boat, and kayak for use by guests, so Carolyn and I took the canoe out and explored the nearby part of the lake.  


Tomorrow its back on the road for both of us.  Carolyn will drive to St. Louis to turn in the rental car and stay with my brother and sister in law before flying out on Tuesday, and I will head back to Russellville KY on back roads to stay with nephew Mark.  In my previous post I mentioned that I bailed on my planned ride of the Devil's Triangle, but upon checking the website and my Mapsource software, I found that the Devil's Triangle is not very far from Kingston and sort of in the general direction I was planning to go tomorrow.  I modified my route to include it so it looks like all boxes will get checked after all.  The weather forecast for the next few days looks perfect.

Carolyn and I went for another ride this afternoon and we did the Devil's Triangle.  Pretty neat road.  I think I'll do it again tomorrow anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment