Friday, September 23, 2011

Ready Set Go

After months of planning and preparation, I'm packed and ready to go.  However, there is already a change of plans.  Instead of leaving Sunday, I'm leaving tomorrow.  The weather forecast is for rain on Sunday although the chance and the amount has been downgraded since this morning.  I don't mind too much riding in the rain and I'm geared up for it, but if I can avoid it, I'd rather not.  Also, Orv and Ross are planning on riding with me at least to the noon break, and I  know those guys don't like riding in the rain.  I could maybe get out of the rain over on the dry side of the Cascades, but they would be turning around and going right back into it.  I'm sure I can find something to do with the extra day......like some sight seeing or taking an alternate route to find more "good roads". 

So, tomorrow I ride.  How well I keep up this blog depends on finding motels with wi-fi, and I don't know how common that is.  It's probably less common in the cheap places I tend to stay.  But stay tuned and I'll give it a good effort. 

The journey of 8,000 miles begins with a single step..........let out the clutch.

No comments:

Post a Comment