Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Bike



This is the bike that's going to get me there and back, in the luggage configuration that I will be riding it. It's a 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R, and it has 71,000 miles on it before I even start.

I have sunk some money into it to make it more suitable for sport touring, primarily to make it handle better, carry stuff more securely, and be more comfortable.  The big dollar items have been the hard luggage cases, a custom seat, and an aftermarket rear shock.  Less expensive but also important were heated grips, different handlebars, reworked front forks, braided steel brake lines and a taller windscreen.

This is not a very expensive bike, even after the money I put into it, but I like the way it looks and it fits me perfectly.  I plan to put at least 100,000 miles on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment