Thursday, March 31, 2016

Jenny Got Her Bike

Here it is, ready to head for San Francisco.  I've done everything I can to make this bike ready to ride with no need for anything for at least the next 5,000 miles:  



I also did everything I could do to make sure the truck made the trip, including a wheel alignment the day before we left.  But wouldn't you know, on the way home from the wheel alignment the truck missed a couple of times.  Nothing to do for it but to head out as planned.  We were going to take two days to get to SF, and sure enough, periodically the truck had a hesitation from a missfire.  I was worried it would get worse, and toward the end of the day I got an inspiration to put some Seafoam in the gas.  I've never used the stuff before, but I have heard of people who rave about it, so I thought I'd give it a try as the miss did not seem electrical, but maybe fueling related.  So, in Grants Pass I got a tank of gas and put in a can of Seafoam and guess what?.......the truck never missed again for the rest of the trip there and back.  Might make me a believer in snake oil.

Saturday Jenny and I went for a ride......she on the Honda and me on her old Kawasaki 250.




The bike in the background is her neighbor Joe's big BMW.  Her neighbor on the other side also has a bike.
Our destination was Alice's Restaurant, the iconic San Francisco bike hangaout, and a 90 mile round trip ride from Jen's house.  The approach to Alice's is along Skyline drive and it was really wet and cool.  I don't know where all the water come from, but the pavement was soaked.  Jenny was enjoying her new heated grips, and I was missing them.


You can expect to see some exotic bikes at Alice's, and here is one example:


Lots of fine custom metalwork in that bike.

After we got back from Alice's, I cleaned up both bikes and we took pictures of the Ninja for a Craigslist posting:



Sunday was Easter dinner and visiting with Carolyn's other daughter Carol Anne and her frind Chris who flew up from SoCal, Jenny's son Jonas (daughter Adena was in Hawaii with a friend), and Jenny's friend Damion.

Monday we had an 8 am appointment at the local DMV to transfer the title.  We had gone through this process with the Ninja two years ago, but this time it didn't seem to go quite as smoothly.......more like what I expected from a California DMV, actually.


Lots of paperwork:



The place just opened at 8, but already there was a long line of people who did not have appointments:


But the job got done, and then Jenny suited up:



And was off to work on her new bike:













1 comment: