Saturday, April 9, 2016

Triumph Tweaks

I just couldn't stand that skinny back tire.  When I found out I had a slow leak in it, I decided to bite the bullet and get one that would look better.  So I spent another $87 on top of the $105 for the first tire, plus a whole afternoon of work changing it, to end up with this difference:


Old Look


New Look

Worth the money and effort?  I think so, but sometimes I wish I wasn't such  perfectionist.  

I'm also trying to come up with an acceptable mirror arrangement.  I don't like riding without having a good view behind me.  I bought some modern levers that have a threaded hole for a mirror, and I like the way the mirror turned out, but the clutch lever doesn't have the same leverage as the stocker and the clutch pull is stiffer.  I'll have to ride it awhile to see if it is acceptable or not.  




I have a lever for the brake side, but haven't installed it yet.  To make the lever fit the stock cable ends I have to drill out the new levers, which probably makes them non-returnable, so I'm doing one step at a time.

Here are a couple more pics of the bike with the new tire: 











  

No comments:

Post a Comment