Friday, March 4, 2016

A New Motorcycle Experience

Our friends Ray and Ellen invited us to take a spin on their new sidecar rig.  It was the first time I ever tried one, and boy was it different.  Sidecar rigs are real old-school and so funky looking that they are the height of cool.  I wore my old-school helmet and jacket for the occasion.

I had read that they are "different" to ride.......turning left is harder than turning right and acceleration causes a pull one way while slowing causes a pull the other way.  And of course they don't lean.

We probably rode it a half mile or so, but that was enough.  I started out riding in my normal middle lane position but quickly realized I was scaring Carolyn with near misses of mail box posts and trash cans alongside the road.  It was all just really weird.  I guess you could get used to it, but it's hard for me to believe I could ever go more than 25 mph.  Another problem is that they take up a lot of space in your garage.

Anyway, it was a unique experience and we appreciated the chance to try it.


No comments:

Post a Comment