Monday, September 16, 2013

Yellowstone and the Beartooth Highway

On my way to Cody I went through the northern tip of Yellowstone park in order to ride the Beartooth  highway.  I had done this road several years ago and the ride was somewhat spoiled by road construction over a large portion of the road.  I figured this time it should be perfect with all that new pavement.......wrong again!  They were still doing construction and there were several delays, one right after the other.  But I managed to pass most of the traffic after the last delay and had a good ride with nobody in front of me all the way into Red Lodge.  I took a few pictures today but the only one worth showing was the obligatory Bison shot.  I have seen buffalo every time I have been in Yellowstone but never so many as this time.  I think the northern area of the park is most favorable for them as it is less forested:


Of course, every place there were bison visible from the road, everybody had to stop, and if I hadn't been on a motorcycle I wouldn't have been able to get past.  I only stopped to take this picture because the critters were crossing the road in front of me and I didn't want to piss them off and get gored by an angry momma buffalo. 

So now I am in Cody and planning on visiting the Western Museum tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment