Friday, September 20, 2013

End of a Great Ride

Got home at 4:30 and beat the rain except for a few slight drizzles.  Total mileage was 2376.

Today was awesome.  It started out with the same freezing temps, but with the new battery I could run my heated grips and the vest both, so it was not a problem.  It quickly warmed up to mid 70's and stayed that way all day.

Central Oregon is hard to beat, and the stretch from Spray to Fossil, to Antelope and Shaniko is at least 100 miles of biker heaven.  To top it off, I had the road pretty much all to myself and I made the most of it.  I didn't stop to take pictures......I was too much in the groove plus trying to beat the rain, but what is a blog without pictures?  So here is the only one I took:


Road hazards; they leave slippery stuff too.

One thing about being on a motorcycle for six days is that by the seventh, you are about as comfortable with riding as you can be.  The bike and I become a unit, and my riding goes up a level.  It couldn't have happened on better roads, either, and I set a new personal best for using the edges of my tires.


No comments:

Post a Comment