Friday, December 21, 2012

Mustang Sally

I haven't had a post for awhile, but that doesn't mean I haven't been working on the car.  We have had grandchildren visiting, which slowed things down a bit, but I still have spent several afternoons working on "Mustang Sally".  Some of the projects are:
1.  Installed lighting harnesses in engine compartment and trunk
2.  Installed  backup lights:


3.  Quarter windows and roof weather strip:





4.  Notice the door handle, lock, and button release above.  This is what it looks like from inside the door:


Most of these jobs have a driver's side and a passenger side.  It often takes me a day to do one side, and then an hour or less to do the other side.  It's a giant learning process.  I start out completely in the dark about how to do a job, and end up an expert in that particular task.  I also do a lot of research being done online, and I also visit my local parts supplier and ask questions.  There is a Vintage Mustang forum with a lot of knowledgeable and active members that has been a great help.  http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vintage-mustang-forum/

For the past two days I have worked on installing the driver's side door window.  It took me a day to get it in, and then I found out it didn't roll up and down properly.  I finally decided that the window regulator was worn out, and had to remove everything and get ready to start over with some new parts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment