Thursday, May 3, 2018

HooYa!

I rode 225 miles today and all but the first nine and the last ten were on super roads in perfect weather with no traffic.  In fact, that has been a feature of this ride so far ......I have had the road almost all to myself.  Not all the roads today were smooth and fast, some were like this:



But that was fine, because it made me slow down and enjoy the scenery.

I was concerned about running into snow, and I did come on some:



But the roads were dry without even much melt water to worry about.

I took this GPS shot on one of the best roads of the day.  This one was mostly fast and smooth:


As I got to the lower elevations it got greener and greener.  I don't think I have ever seen California looking better.




Jenny arrived at the motel in faster time than Google Maps estimated due to her getting aquainted with lane splitting again.  She also got to use the carpool lane.  Bikes rule in California!

Tomorrow we start three days of epic riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment