Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Can't Leave It Alone

My plan was to put the Mustang away for the summer, but after getting back from Ireland we have had a period of rainy weather, so I thought it would be a good time to install a new steering wheel.  Having the instrument cluster in, and needing a steering wheel to steer the car over to the tool shed was the logic behind that plan.  However, parts supplier and Mustang expert advised me that it would be best to install the dash pad first.  There are some chrome trip pieces that fit closely around the instrument cluster and the steering wheel would just get in the way of doing that job.  The dash pad cost about the same as a new steering wheel, so I have spent my parts allowance for the next couple of months.  Here is how the new dash looks; I like it.




The arrow points to the trim piece that would have been hard to install with the steering wheel in place.  There is one like it over the glove box.  They hold the bottom of the pad in place.



No comments:

Post a Comment