Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Reno, NV to Redding, CA

I'm going to make up for all those photos I posted yesterday by not posting a single picture today.  It was a long day, but I've lost track of the daily mileage.  Suffice to say we were riding from 9 am to 6:30 pm and were pretty tired when we go to the motel.

The surprise of the day was that the roads I expected to be great were just so-so (due to numerous construction delays and subsequent long lines of cars going slowly between flaggers), and the road we were told by a local was no good turned out to be one of the all time great roads that I have ever been on.  I think it is a forest road in the Plumas National Forest, designated highway 119.  It was on Mike's route, but running parallel to it was state highway 70, which is a AAA designated scenic highway, and we had ridden it two day ago and it was good.  So do we take the known good, or the unknown that a local said was not good.  We took the unknown, just because it was unknown and it turned out to be the best decision so far. 

Tomorrow is more known good roads over toward the coast and then up into Oregon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment