Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What's it all about

The saying goes that the road is paved with good intentions.  But the Good Roads are paved.........or not.  And my intentions are to find the good roads and ride either my Kawasaki Ninja 650R road bike, or my Kawasaki KLX 250s dual-sport bike wherever they lead.  Until recently I was pretty well restricted to paved roads because I had a road bike and an off-road, unlicensed dirt bike.  Last year I sold the dirt bike and bought the KLX, which is street legal and allows me to ride unpaved forest roads, or to ride on paved roads to get to places to ride.

I've been riding for a long time.  I bought my first motorcycle in 1962 when I was in graduate school at the University of Missouri in Columbia, MO, and here we are:
That was a 1952 Harley Davidson K model; Harley's answer to the British bikes that were getting popular at that time.  It was small for a Harley (750cc) and had a foot shift and hand clutch......very advanced.  By the way, I wasn't just posing on the bike.  That was my riding gear!

Compare that with a recent pic............all armored up!

3 comments:

  1. Sheesh Dad! You were so cute back in your Harley-riding past! Whoo whoo! First post! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you brother. Can't wait to see you and your bike in October.

    ReplyDelete