Monday, May 8, 2017

Long Day

My plan for today was to skip riding hwy 1 and go all the way to Grants Pass so that I would get through Portland before rush hour. However when I got to the turnoff at Coverdale to take hwy 128 to Ft Bragg, I couldln't resist. It was supposed to be clear and sunny on hwy 1, and that doesn't happen very often. So I did hwy 1 AND rode all the way to Grants Pass, for a total of 487 miles and 11 hours of riding with very few breaks.....and most of it into a headwind. I am a tired puppy tonight. I was a little disappointed in hwy 1, though. It has also had storm damage with washouts and lots of gravel in the turns. The bottom half towards the coast was OK, but the upper part towards Leggett required extra caution. I think I will steer clear of it for awhile. Tomorrow should be a relatively easy day with 300 freeway miles and about six hours of riding. A blog has to have pictures, right? I didn't have time to take any today, so here is one of my trusty Honda getting a well deserved rest after a hard day. I seems to be able to shrug off anything I dish out.
Somehow I have lost the ability to make paragraphs in this blog when using my Ipad. That big mess above was actually supposed to be four paragraphs which is how it looks before I post it. Oh well, technology strikes again.

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately you're coming back in time for one really nice day (Wednesday) and then what looks like a week of rain. This sure has been a crappy Spring.
    Be safe coming thru Portland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Riding! It's been rainy cold, hot, rainy, cold and did I mention rainy here in NC. - I've been commuting but not much more..... Hopefully, BRP up to the dragon, rattler and others this summer! Good Roads!

    ReplyDelete