Monday, August 29, 2016

My Baby is Gone

I reluctantly decided to sell the Triumph.  I just wasn't enjoying riding it, mainly because of my inability to get used to the reverse foot controls, but also because there was no future in kick starting it.  My right knee has been replaced, and it it going to need a "revision" next winter, so it might be a long time, if ever, before I can kick start the beast.

My Craigslist add was answered by Jim, who came by for a look yesterday, and came back today to pick it up.  Here he is on his new bike.  Interestingly, he used to own a 1968 Bonneville like this one back in 1974.


Loaded up and ready to go:


One last good by hug and a (fake) tear:


And down the road it goes:


What a beauty.  I owned it for 20 years, but it's time for it to go to a new caretaker.

2 comments:

  1. I miss the old crock. I put a lot of TLC into it, but that was part of the fun, I guess. Anyway, nothing lasts forever.

    ReplyDelete