Sunday, September 20, 2015

10,000 Miles!

No, not on the motorbike.........on the pedal bike. 


I got this bike for my 68th birthday, so a little more than six years to get this mileage.  For the first year or two after I started riding this bike I was doing 2,000 miles, but I have tapered off a lot in the past few years.  I have become less comfortable with riding on the local two-lane roads with no shoulder, as traffic has increased and my bravery has decreased.  Before this bike, I was riding an old mountain bike that I put road tires on.  I might have done 10,000 miles on that bike also, but I didn't have an odometer on it.  And before that I was commuting three days a week on a different bike that I racked up 26,000 miles on.  Despite all those miles I don't consider myself a dedicated bicyclist........it's just the best way I have for staying fit.  My joints are pretty creaky when it comes to walking or running, but when on the bike I still have the flow. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you like it, Shiya. It's always a pleasant surprise when I gain a reader........there aren't many.

    ReplyDelete