Saturday, July 20, 2013

Couple of Dual Sport Videos

A couple of days ago while on the KLX I came upon a road that looked like just the sort of road I like to ride......more like a jeep trail.  Unfortunately, after a mile or so I came upon this:



Someone was nice enough to explain why the barrier was there:



I turned around and headed back out to where I had come upon a logging operation and took this video of part of the road:


Here is a video of a more typical forest road.  Speed is much higher and I have to keep to the right in case of oncoming traffic, but I didn't encounter anyone in the whole time I was off pavement.  The higher speed causes a lot of wind noise in the microphone built into the camera and I can't figure a way to prevent it.



The lighting contrast between the bright sunlight and the deep shade is just about as bad in real life as it is in these videos, and can make it difficult to spot rocks, sticks, dips, potholes, washouts and water bars.  But, that's all part of the fun.






No comments:

Post a Comment