Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Mustang When New

Brian found a couple of pictures of the Mustang when we (the Mustang and I) were relatively new to the world.  The first one shows the car outside of our apartment in Corona, and the car had to be really new because we bought a house within the first year after we moved to California.  It's significant that a new college graduate could afford to buy a new car and a house (making payments, of course) within a year of getting a job.  I don't think that is possible under the present economy.  The Mustang cost $2850 as I remember, and the house was only $19,500.  But then, my starting salary was less that $8,000 per year. 


This next picture was taken at our house in Corona and shows me with our new German Shepard puppy "Bonnie".  That dog used to love going places in the car, especially if it was up in the mountains.  She would lay between the front seats on the transmission tunnel and get all excited as we climbed higher into the mountains. 



Once we had children, though, the dog became pretty low priority, which is  typical, I guess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment